We are business lawyers with the experience of supporting leaders of the Russian and global markets of IT, telecommunications, retail sales, transportation, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and finances.
Comprehensive legal support of the business in the field of communications, telecommunications, media, advertising, information distribution and protection, and information technology
The whole range of legal services to support Internet projects and integrate services using digital technologies
Services in the field of corporate governance, capital markets, and M&A
Services of dispute resolution in the arbitration courts, courts of general jurisdiction, mediation courts, and administrative bodies in various categories of disputes
The whole range of services in the field of intellectual property
Services of comprehensive legal support of the business
Relations associated with the competition protection law compliance
Labor law services
Medicine and Pharmaceutics
Internet business and digital economics
Russian State Academy of Intellectual Property, Legal Department.
Moscow Aviation Institute (National Research University), Applied Mathematics and Physics.
15 years of experience in representing the interests of Russian and foreign clients related to the intellectual property protection, unfair competition protection, within the dispute settlement in the courts of general jurisdiction and arbitration courts, as well as disputes in the administrative authorities.
Successful experience of representing the interests of leading Russian and global pharmaceutical, trade, financial, technological, and oil and gas companies. Partner and manager of the intellectual property practice of KIAP, Attorneys at law from 2010 till 2016.
Personally recommended by the ratings of Chambers Global, Chambers Europe, as well as Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars
Corporate law and governance, M&A
IT / ТМТ
Internet business and digital economics
Ivan Petrovsky Bryansk State University, Legal Department
Vice-President of the Russian Association of Retail Market Experts Expert in the field of state regulation and legal support of trade activities, Internet business, telecommunications, and financial services. 12 years of experience in managing legal structural units and corporate governance of major Russian companies including the MTS retail network, TS-Retail (Sistema JSFC), Enter (Svyaznoy). Took part in development and amendment of the Federal Law On the Principles of Trade State Regulation in the Russian Federation, Federal Law On Personal Data, Federal Law On Protection of Customer Rights, Tax Code, Federal Law On the National Payment System, and other laws and regulations. Experience of representation in the highest courts.
Member of the expert councils of the Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service for unfair competition and retail trade competition development.
Awarded with the honorable mention of the Russian Trade Minister for contribution to the trade regulation development.
Corporate law and governance, M&A
Tax planning, CFC
Moscow State Law Academy, Cand.Sc. Law
Certified Auditor, Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation.
MBA Foundation, California State University, Hayward, USA, and Business and Economics University, Moscow.
L.L.M., Pericles, Moscow.
20 years of experience in the capacity of corporate lawyer. Experience of managing legal structural units, corporate governance, project management in such public companies with high reputation and diversified business, as MTS, Sky-Link, Sistema JSFC, Aeroflot.
Effected many transactions of M&A, reorganization, integration, and other corporate activities within his professional experience, focusing on any details and issues that may arise in the course of such projects.
Wide experience of interacting with government authorities and management within the corporate projects.
Member of the Association of Russian Lawyers, Association of Independent Directors, Russian Partner of IoD (London).
Corporate law and governance
Russian State Humanitarian University, Legal Department
Expert of the corporate law, bankruptcy issues, and dispute settlement. A considerable experience of supporting M&A transactions, integrating business processes of acquired assets and corporate structures in the operational business, optimizing the corporate governance of major companies in the field of retail business and telecommunications including as related to the procedures of reorganization, liquidation, bankruptcy, and issue of shares.
Before Gaffer & Gaffer, for eight years, he used to manage the corporate governance, legal support and court defense departments of the companies in the telecommunications, trade and e-commerce markets including Enter (Svyaznoy), Wikimart, CJSC Russian Telephone Company (MTS retail network), TS-Retail (Sistema JSFC).
Experience of representation in the highest courts.
Corporate law and M&A
Banking and financial law
Lomonosov Moscow State University, Legal Department
Over 12 years of experience in supporting local and cross-border transactions in leading investment banks, global law firms and private lawyer practice. Key professional experiences: support of asset acquisition and sale transactions, consulting in the field of venture funding and private equity, banking and financial laws, as well as support of transactions in the field of state-of-the-art information technologies.
Law of obligations
Trade and construction
Ural State Law Academy (Yekaterinburg)
State and International Law Univeristy
Expert in the field of legal support of trade and other entrepreneurship activities, support of commercial transactions, claim handling, and settlement of civil disputes.
Eight years of experience in protecting the interests of legal entities and individuals in courts at different levels.
Corporate law and governance, M&A
Saratov State Academy of Law
Tatyana has 17 years of legal practice.
She worked in a number of consulting companies and holding structures.
For almost 10 years, she legally supported the activities of MTS Group including 6 years in the corporate law department of PJSC MTS. She dealt with non-standard issues of corporate law within the Group including projects of asset acquisition and integration, ownership structure reorganization and optimization.
Actively participated in reforming the laws on legal entitles, won the annual award “Success. The Best Corporate Lawyer of the Year” established by the Russian Corporate Counsel Association for development of practical recommendations related to the adoption of new chapter IV of the Russian Federation Civil Code.
IT / ТМТ
Internet business and digital economics
Bunin Elets State University , Legal Department (honors diploma)
Expert in the field of civil law and state regulation of trade activities, telecommunications, and real estate. Took part in development and amendment of the Federal Law On the Principles of Trade State Regulation in the Russian Federation, Federal Law On Personal Data, Federal Law On Protection of Customer Rights, Tax Code, Federal Law On the National Payment System, and other laws and regulations.
He was the first in Russia to establish the practice of right registration for fiber-optic communication lines as real estate assets currently used by the federal communications operators in order to increase the capitalization and legal protection of assets (communication networks).
Represented the interests of JSC ReCom (MTS Group) in the court proceedings which resulted in the Russian Federation Constitutional Court finding No. 345-O, dated 10.02.2003, explaining the illegality of restricting the right to privacy by the authorities performing operational investigations without a court decision http://www.rg.ru/2003/12/10/svjaz-doc.html.
At different times, he managed the legal departments of the companies part of Svyaznoy Group and Mobile TeleSystems PJSC.
Member of the expert councils of the Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service for retail trade competition development.
Saratov State Academy of Law.
Expert in the field of claim handling and interest representation in courts, as well as interaction of a company with supervisory and executive state authorities (protection of legal entities’ interests in the framework of state control and supervision).
Author of an authentic system of customer claim processing called the Client’s Lawyer.
Experience of interest representation in courts at different levels including as an in-house lawyer of Russian Agricultural Bank, Enter (Svyaznov), Wikimart.
National Research University Higher School of Economics, Legal Department, honors diploma
Before joining the team, she worked in the intellectual property practices of Italian and Russian law firms.
Polina’ experience covers the consulting in the fields of personal data processing, IPR legal protection, antimonopoly law application, as well as the support of trademark and patent applications including the support of international registration procedure applications.
Consulting of a major oil and gas corporation subsidiary in the field of patent law application.
Consulting of a major Russian financial group in the field of personal data processing.
International commercial arbitration
National Research University Higher School of Economics, Private International Law, Master’s honors diploma
Certificate of the WIPO Summer School 2017
Certificate of the Cyberlaw Summer School 2015
Certificate of Advanced Training of the Moscow State University, Start-up Legal Support program
Award winner of the Oxford Scholarship Fund
Participant of international commercial arbitration contests including Willem C. Vis Internetional Commercial Arbitration moot.
Coach of the team of National Research University Higher School of Economics at Willem C. Vis since 2016.
Before joining the team, she worked in the intellectual property and dispute settlement practices of the leading global law firms.
Elena’ experience covers the consulting for and participation in the disputes related to copyright protection (including in the Internet), registration and contesting of trademarks and inventions, unfair competition, parallel import, as well as various commercial disputes.
Representation of interests of a major pharmaceutical company in the case of contesting an invention patent.
Successful representation of interests of the largest Eastern European global alcohol holding in the cassation arbitration court within a dispute of invalidating a trademark title transfer transaction (IPR court).
Member of the Steering Committee of the Russian Arbitration Association subdivision for young experts RAA25.
National Research University Higher School of Economics, Legal Department
His work experience includes the client consulting in a wide range of corporate law issues, support of corporate transactions, expert examination of contracts and agreements, support of corporate dispute settlement projects.
• Support of projects in the field of communications and telecommunications including those related to the development and operation of communication networks, virtual network operators, telematic service rendering
• Support of projects related to the personal data and big data processing including advertising, financial, medical, and electronic commerce data
• Consulting regarding the protection of confidential information, trade secrets, protection of computer information, cryptographic protection of information, use of electronic signatures
• Legal support of media and advertising campaigns
• Support of projects for development, use and distribution of software and content
• Consulting regarding information distribution including the mass media and Internet distribution
• Protection of the citizens’ rights related to the information use and distribution including the limited access information
• Protection of honor, dignity, and business reputation
• Support of disputes in the field of telecommunications and communication services, disputes related to the unauthorized use and/or distribution of information, personal data, the dishonest use of information technologies including for the purposes of restricting or eliminating competition
• Complex support of the business in the Internet including development of all forms of legal documents (B2C, B2B and S2S projects)
• Legal support of business processes of Internet companies (contracting, logistics, electronic document management, personal information, advertising, and other issues)
• Legal support of integrating new services in the field of electronic commerce
• Development of an effective system of the customer claim processing in the retail business
• Consulting regarding Internet settlements
• Consulting regarding the issue and use of cryptocurrencies, smart contracts
• Development of corporate and functional business management systems
• Corporate and functional control audit
• Support of M&A transactions in Russia and abroad
• Joint Ventures
• Legal support of venture investments
• Development of operational structures for the business including funding structures
• Analysis and development of internal documents regulating the activities of the company management bodies
• Development of an optimal structure of ownership and corporate and functional management in a group of companies including the structuring of foreign assets and CFC
• Integration of internal control (compliance) documents and procedures
• Development of constituent documents, changing the structure of the authorized capital, decisions of the management bodies
• Reorganization and liquidation of legal entities.
• Securities issue, corporate reporting (Bank of Russia), agreements with the Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service
• Syndicated loans
• Project funding including involvement of export credit agencies
• Bonds, Eurobonds, IPO/SPO in Russia and abroad
• Debt restructuring, handling of pledge assets
Risk assessment and support of insolvency (bankruptcy) procedures including:
- Assessment and prevention of the management risks in case of bankruptcy (subsidiary liability and other risks)
- Representation in court and at the creditors’ meetings
- Inclusion of requirements in the register of creditors
- Appeal of actions of the insolvency practitioner
- Representation in disputes on subsidiary liability of the management and founders of the debtor
- Development of a bankruptcy and liquidation strategy
- Counteraction to withdrawal of assets from the bankruptcy estate
- Development of a strategy for bankrupt investor resigning
• Commercial disputes
• Corporate disputes
• Disputes related to subsidiary liability of the management (in and out of bankruptcy)
• Intellectual property disputes
• Antimonopoly disputes
• Disputes with state authorities
• Disputes in the field of goods processing and storage by logistics operators
• Communication services disputes
• Real estate disputes
• Labor disputes
• System of intangible asset management and intellectual property protection as a tool of protection and as a means of increasing the business capitalization
• Auditing, inventory check and appraisal of intellectual property
• Drafting agreements for intellectual property development, disposal of intellectual property rights
• Comprehensive protection of intellectual property in the Internet
• Protection of copyright and related rights
• Registration of software and domain names
• Trademark check for identity and similarity, patent search and expert assessment
• Registration, protection and keeping in force of trademarks and patents, patenting services for inventions, utility models and prototypes
• Disputes regarding trademarks and service marks, patent and domain disputes, unfair competition disputes
• Representation in the arbitration courts, intellectual property right courts, courts of general jurisdiction, Federal Antimonopoly Service, Chamber of Patent Disputes
The Practice renders the whole range of services in the field of intellectual property including services related to trademarks, patents, copyright and related rights, competition and antimonopoly regulation.
The Practice includes a dispute settlement team representing the clients’ interests in courts and administrative authorities (the Russian Federal Service for Intellectual Property (Rospatent), the Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service), as well as a registration group rendering conventional services for registration of intellectual property rights on the territory of Russia, the Eurasian Union, in the former Soviet republics and other foreign countries.
Lawyers of the Practice also render consulting services to the clients regarding all the issues related to the disposal of IP rights and their commercial utilization including licensing, infringement search, check of the legality of using means of individualization.
• Comprehensive legal support of commercial activities
• Legal support of business projects (new services and business technologies) in the company
• Development of legal plans for the business conduct and funding (including when introducing new services and products)
• Development of local regulations
• Legal audit of the current contractual obligations, detection and elimination of risks
• Drafting contracts and integration of a contracting system, support of economic transactions
• Integration of management responsibility and authority distribution systems
• Audit of the dispute and claim settlement
• Audit of the business document support system (including external document exchange with counterparties)
• Representation in the Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service regarding unfair competition issues
• Representation in the Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service regarding advertising law violation disputes
• Аgreement upon transactions with the Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service within the economic concentration control and the foreign investor’s control over strategic companies
• Legal support in the course of antimonopoly law violation investigations, administrative offense cases, and
• Court contesting of the antimonopoly authorities’ decisions
• Legal audit of activities to check the antimonopoly law compliance, development of local regulations aimed at the antimonopoly law compliance
• Protection of the interests of distribution networks and suppliers related to trade law cases,
• Legal audit of the activities of distribution networks and suppliers to check the trade law compliance
• Representation in tenders (Federal Laws 44-ФЗ, 223-ФЗ), as well as the state defense order
• Representation regarding other issues of interaction with the antimonopoly authority (including obtaining explanations from the Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service on the application of antimonopoly laws, and other issues)
• Drafting laws and regulations and analytical materials thereto
• Representation in the state authorities
• Development of a GR strategy for state regulation
• Support of and analytic material preparation for state regulation issues
• Arrangement of interactions with specialized business association
• Assessment and development of a PR strategy
• Conflicts with executive authorities and top management of companies
• Employment reinstatement and dismissal disputes
• HR audit and risk assessment
• Assessment of the temporary agency work risks of companies
• Development of HR documents (orders, regulations, policies, employment contracts)
• Foreign employees
• Pre-trial settlement of labor disputes
• Representation in the Federal Labor Inspectorate and other state authorities
• Representation of employers and employees in courts
• Disputes related to damage to the companies’ property
• Development of an efficient system of shortage collection in the retail business and production